Calling a java program handding over a tiff attachment (s)

2004-01-14 18:25:54
Dear all,

I am new to this list so please ignore my ignorance.

I am developing a java program to interact with users via e-mail.  We use
Procmail on the server here so I am looking for a way that my program would be
called from - interfaced with Procmail.  I am getting a tiff attachment with
the mail so I want to call a java program handing over this tiff attachment

Probably somthing like

:0
* ^TO_takeTiff   (@myServerAddress)

    'java takeTiff $ATTACHMENT   (??)

I am mainly a Java guy so I am a little bit at lost here.  Any idea how I
should approach that?  Any one has tackled that issue before?  What ways does
one have to accomplish that chore?

I appreciate your help,

Ted

[ I am reposting this note as I didn't see it on the archive nor did I get a
copy of it, although I set up such option.  Hopefully I do not create double
posting if I do please accept this newbie humble apologies. ]