Re: sending mail with SMTP auth from a procmail script

2004-01-22 00:34:36
Thanks for the answer, I'll try with pine...

Am Mittwoch, 21. Januar 2004 17:48 schrieb Professional Software Engineering:
At 16:06 2004-01-21 +0100, Raphael Mack wrote:
I want to filter my incoming mail with procmail and deliver some of them
via authenticated SMTP to a special mail gateway. Normal forwarding won't
work, because if my postifx tries to deliver the mail to the special
gateway it won't use authentication and I do not have the possibility to
change the whole mailserver...

Well, first, find a program which will send via SMTP Auth, and after you've
sorted the invocation details, invoke it from procmail.

that was my intension in posting this message...

Procmail itself is neither an SMTP server or client, so it has absolutely
nothing to offer WRT SMTP AUTH.

Yes, I know.

WHy is it you need to auth into another mailserver anyway?  That's nearly

The thing is that the other Mailserver is a mail2SMS-gateway and needs
authentication for restricting the access. The server my prcomail rules will
be processed is another server hosting a few other domains... The users for
these domains will not be allowed to use the SMS-gateway but I, one single
user having tow accounts - one on each server - am... That's why it is not
possible to send all messages throug the authenticated SMTP-Server...

Rapha