RE: procmail/spamassin config still doesn't work!->

2004-01-27 18:41:15
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Gary Funck wrote:

Hello all,
           I placed this code in my procmail:

------------------------------
 :0:

as suggested and well,

Actually, I suggested:

because it should exist independent of your current scoring threshold.

Still doesn't work this code!!!

SpamAssassin (SA) recognized the spam (3 hits, 3
required) [nice!] but still placed it in my inbox instead of the folder
"SPAM_DUMPSTER"!!

Couple of things:

1) Did you look at the headers on the message in your mail box that SA
flagged as spam? Do you see the SA headers in there? Which ones are present?

Something like this: (But of course it will slightly vary from mail to
mail)

2) The stock answer for chasing procmail problems is to add something
like the following to the top of your .procmailrc file:

LOGFILE=$HOME/procmail.log
LOGABSTRACT=Yes
VERBOSE=Yes

Already there a long time ago for me to debug. But I didn't find anything
unusual

then after a mails have arrived, go look at $HOME/procmail.log to verify
that procmail, in general, is operating as expected. It is possible that
the source of your problems is that procmail is in fact not being run
due to some configuration error. Can you file other e-mail at present
using procmail?

Don't worry, procmail is being run. It is filtering every other
thing. When I looked into the procmail log, well there was nothing
unusual, it still filters my mails correctly except for the SA modified
ones!

PS: after you've debugged your problem, you probably want to go back and
comment out the three debugging lines mentioned above. In my config. I
leave LOGABSTRACT on, and run a daily cron job to trim the size of the
log. If you don't do that the logs can get to be rather large over time.

Good idea with the cron job. Thanks for trying to help out.

With kind regards,

Didier.

---
PhD student.

Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
5 Research Link,
Singapore 117603

Email: slsbdfc at nus dot edu dot sg /
didierbe at sps dot nus dot edu dot sg