block .exe, dll, bat....

2004-02-05 17:59:38
Alex Herek alexherek at yahoo.com.br
Mon Feb 2 18:32:08 CET 2004
----

I need block the messages that bring this attatchment in pop server :
(no permissions to download)
.exe, .dll, .bat.... I already know, that it is possible using procmail,
but I don't know how do it.
I would like if anybody can send me any information about this.

Alex Herek

Dear Alex,

Here is how I did it for my entire site.  I put this entry in my
/etc/procmailrc file.

 :0 B:
  * ^Content-Type:.*
  *
^*name=.*\.(hta|com|pif|vbs|vbe|js|jse|exe|bat|cmd|vxd|scr|shm|dll|zip|SCR)
  {
    :0 fhwi
     | formail -A"X-SMILE_Execute: Executable Code found and dumped"

     :0
     /tmp/e.file.txt
  }

You don't really need to add the line in the Header with formail, but I am
still debugging this one.  I am trying to figure out how to send an e-mail
to the recipient telling them that the executable file was dumped.

Greg Ennis