RE: weeding mail in auto forward command

2004-02-14 11:52:14

From: Zbynek Houska
Sent: Saturday, February 14, 2004 9:52 AM
[...]
I would like to acoplish procmail this task:
I have auto forward set up like this

:0
* ^TO()someone(_at_)somewhere
{
:0 c
! justotherfriend(_at_)somewhere

:0
keepit/here

if keepit/here is an mbox file, you'll need a lock:

:0:
keepit/here

}

there are messages which shouldn't be forwarded. Messages are coming
from one destination.
Well I might add new rule at the beginning to weed it out, but I don't
want to mess my Maildir. Just stop forward files matching a pattern -
i.e. sender.

The TO pattern covers a lot of headers other than just "To:". From
"man procmailrc":

       If the regular expression contains `^TO' it will be substituted by
       `(^((Original-)?(Resent-)?(To|Cc|Bcc)|(X-Envelope
       |Apparently(-Resent)?)-To):(.*[^a-zA-Z])?)', which should catch all
       destination specifications containing a specific word.

Take a look at the headers in the message to see if the recipient isn't
showing up in those.