Re: Capturing spamc output to var

2004-02-16 07:05:28
On 14 Feb 2004, at 18:04, Dallman Ross wrote:
        SA_OUT=| /users/zconcept/bin/spamc -c

Are you aware of this?

-f Cause spamc to safe-failover if it can't connect to spamd -- what this means is that in case spamc fails to connect to spamd, it will not return with an exitcode set, it will instead dump the original message to stdout, allowing the message to be delivered, albeit unscanned for spam. Without this flag, connection failures to
           spamd will cause message delivery failures.

Even with this flag set however, if spamc connects successfully, and then encounters an error at a later stage of communication, it
           will still return an exitcode.

Specifically, this portion?

This now defaults to on. This flag is accepted though for back- wards-compatibility. -x can be used to tell spamc to use an exit-
           code which will cause the message to be re-queued by the MTA
           instead.

looks like you don't have to worry about the "can't connect to spamd' condition.

--
"I don't care how much melanin you have in your skin nor who you sleep with, you can't have my cheese."