Has anyone tried 'formail -n <processes>' with success?

2004-02-22 10:20:19

I tried running my SA markup extractor as follows:
  formail -n 4 -s procmail $HOME/scripts/remove_sa_markup.rc < spam.mbox

before that, I modified the recipe so that it delivered to a locked mbox as
follows:

# at the end of the script
:0:
clean_spam.mbox

As I read the formail docs, the '-n 4' should limit the number of procmail
processes run in parallel to 4 (this is on a 2 physical processor, 2 more
hyperthread virtual cpu) Xeon P4.

What actually happened is that the system became swamped by hundreds of
procmail
processes, so I had to kill the job.

Anyone one tried this sort of thing with success?