RE: how to strip SA's message markup?

2004-02-22 09:56:48

From: Ruud H.G. van Tol
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2004 8:19 AM

Toen ik Gary Funck kietelde, kwam er dit uit:

I'd like to write a quick recipe for removing spamassassin's markup.

If it's MIME, maybe stripmultiparts can do it:
  http://www.xs4all.nl/~rjscheer/stripmultiparts/

Good to know. I'll bookmark that one. There is one possible gotcha however.
Spam messages often are not well-formed MIME, and they can confuse the stock
MIME parsers (that for example is invoked from the stripmultiparts.pl Perl
script). This will not apply of course if (as in my example), we strip
out only MIME parts that were created by Spamassassin, but is something to
consider when applying that technique in general. The SA developers have
had to implement their own MIME parser that is resilient to the tricks that
the spammers play.