RE: how to strip SA's message markup?

2004-02-23 09:12:16

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Funck
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 7:40 AM
[...]

Interesting. You must be running on some hot hardware. My 2.4G
P4, finished
in 11.5 hours, using Bart's suggested pperl speedup. By my reckoning that
would work out to 20.7 hours without the speed up, which is nearly 'all
day'.
That's 85486 messages, and 434 megs. of disk space (after the clean up).

I ran this as my normal user account, and my home directory is NFS-mounted
on another machine. And, the Bayes database is located in
$HOME/.spamassassin.
Now, why 'spamassassin -d' would want to query the database, or even fetch
my
user preferences, I can't say. I don't know if it is in fact doing that, but
if it is, that would explain a large part of the poor performance.