Re: regex syntax question

2004-03-02 02:16:03
Toen ik Maine Line Systems Administration kietelde, kwam er dit uit:

Is there a way of checking both the header and the body in one rule?  I
haven't been able to figure anything like that out from reading any of
the procmail documentation (read: man pages).

There is, but often it is best to nest the body checks in a
discriminating header check, beacuse body checks are most
expensive.

Header check first:

  :0
  * ^some-header-test
  * B ?? some-body-test
  some-action

But if you want to find a word throughout the whole message:

  :0
  * HB ?? \<some-word\>
  some-action

or (not necessarily less expensive)

  :0
  * 9876543210^0  ^Subject:.*\<some-word\>
  * 9876543210^0  B ?? \<some-word\>
  some-action

Hell, if there were a way for me to just put a list of domain names in a
file and have procmail read a list in from that.

There are many ways to do that. Jan Ehrhardt runs a nice project:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~monitor/rblhost.rc.txt
http://www.xs4all.nl/~monitor/rblqp.rc.txt
with results on
http://cgi.monitor.nl/rblhosts.html
http://cgi.monitor.nl/rblhosts.php3  (warning: big!)
http://cgi.monitor.nl/popstats.html

I have
hundreds of domain names that spamassassin is just not catching.

There are domain-names anywhere in a message: in the Received headers,
in email addresses, in URLs, etc. etc. Which ones do you mean?
These domain-names are often forged, or deeply encoded, so you
will have to go through a couple of hoops before you can match
them to any rules.

 More
often than not, I make mistakes adding entries to the procmailrc file
and a lot of people won't get mail.  I'm having a hard time making out
how to do that from the documentation.

Sandbox!

--
Affijn, Ruud