Re: regex syntax question

2004-03-10 16:39:41
Toen ik Dallman Ross kietelde, kwam er dit uit:
Ruud H.G. van Tol:
Dallman Ross:

  MAXINT = 2147483647
  :0
  *      -1000^0
  * $  $MAXINT^0
  *          1^1  B ?? ^^\/(.*$?)*
  { B_chunkB = $MATCH }

Real nice.

How much time does the looping take? It should be
compared against building a variable of about a
1000 dots and using that as a regexp.

   dots = "................"    #  16
   dots = $dots$dots$dots$dots  #  64
   dots = $dots$dots$dots$dots  # 256
   :0
   *$ B_chunkA ^^\/$dots$dots$dots$dots
   { B_chunkA = $MATCH }
   dots  # unset

Well, you won't get a match with that if there is a short
body.

That's OK, in that case B_chunkA stays as is. About 17
non-empty lines, but no more than about 1000 bytes,
was what I aimed for. But indeed, maybe your 1000 bytes,
even if spread over more than 17 lines, is more useful.

(I messed with the quoted text: I named mine B_chunkA
and yours B_chunkB)

--
Affijn, Ruud