Re: regex syntax question

2004-03-03 14:12:02
On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Professional Software Engineering wrote:

PSE> At 21:14 2004-03-02 +0000, Alan Clifford wrote:
PSE> >I have a 10% rule on that one:
PSE> >
PSE> ># 10% of chars are &#
PSE> >:0 BD
PSE> >* -1^1 .
PSE> >* 10^1 [&#]
PSE> >action as spam line here
PSE>
PSE> Uh, unless the entire message is encoded this way (well, more like 50% of
PSE> it), you're unlikely to get much of a hit here

Of the 235 messages in the spam box, 7 have been caught by this recipe.

PSE> What sort of performance diff you you realize with the D flag here when
PSE> you're not checking anything where case would be significant?

I guess the D is not neccessary with these characters.  I have never
tested performance times.

--
Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list.  Please
  address personal email to alan+1@ as lists@ is not read. A
  password autoresponder may be invoked if this email is very old. )