Re: regex syntax question

2004-03-02 14:13:47
Toen ik Professional Software Engineering kietelde, kwam er dit uit:
Curtis Maurand:
Ruud:

Header check first:

  :0
  * ^some-header-test
  * B ?? some-body-test
  some-action

too many rules for this to be efficient.  I need to be less
discriminitory.

There's a significant logic error in that script anyway, that being
that it assumes you're looking for the text as two separate occurrences
- once in the header and once in the body, instead of one occurrence in
either place (in which case, the scoring one makes the most sense).

It doesn't assume that. It assumes that you first do a significant
header-test. I assume you read 'some-test' twice, in stead of the
'some-header-test' and 'some-body-test' that are there.

There often exists a pre-test on the headers that prevents unnecessary
body-checks.

--
Affijn, Ruud