Re: regex syntax question

2004-03-03 12:54:22
On 02 Mar 2004, at 17:06, Professional Software Engineering wrote:
At 15:54 2004-03-02 -0700, LuKreme wrote:

One could still make use of DNSBLs after the SMTP stage - performing lookups and inserting a message header identifying the DNSBLs which the sender host was determined to be listed in.

That is what SpamAssasin does, simply has a score level for each RBL listing. This also allows you to adjust scoring, say set Spews at a low 0.5 and cbl at 3.0, for example. Change to suit your needs.

Yes, though that means checking all the DNSBLs when any one of them may have been enough.

That's why I just use the cn=kr and the cbl in postfix.

And, you've accepted the complete message via SMTP at that point.

As I understand it, it is possible to run SA during postfix's transaction phase and reject the message based on the SA score. I'm not 100% positive on this, but I believe that is what I've read (Obviously, that's not what I am doing).

However, we've exceeded scope at this point, as this discussion more appropriately belongs on the spamassassin-talk list.

--
Well I've seen the Heart of Darkness/Read the writing on the wall/and the voice out in the desert/Was the voice out in the hall