Re: regex syntax question

2004-03-02 16:01:27
On 02 Mar 2004, at 11:18, Professional Software Engineering wrote:
At 10:10 2004-03-02 -0700, LuKreme wrote:
If you have a large list of domains that SA is missing I think you might want to enable some RBL checking. I use cbl in my postfix configuration (it rejects mail from cbl listed IPs) and have not had any complaints.

Heh, of course not - how are they supposed to contact you? <g>

heh.  complaints from MY users.

IRUSOFT blew out with a "world positive" on the returns, as a way of reminding people - after it'd been announced they were going off the air - that the DNSBL needed to be removed from configurations. Was rather rude, but anyone who wasn't paying attention to their DNSBLs sort of had it coming...

It was rather rude, but then again, it was effective. Without that stunt people would STILL have it in their RBLs.

One could still make use of DNSBLs after the SMTP stage - performing lookups and inserting a message header identifying the DNSBLs which the sender host was determined to be listed in.

That is what SpamAssasin does, simply has a score level for each RBL listing. This also allows you to adjust scoring, say set Spews at a low 0.5 and cbl at 3.0, for example. Change to suit your needs.

--
Rent a flat above a shop, cut your hair and get a job, smoke some fags and play some pool, pretend you never went to school and still you'll never get it right cuz when you're lay'n in bed at night watching the roaches climb the wall if you called your dad he could stop it all.