Re: How to list all attached files ?

2004-03-08 13:17:10
On 08 Mar 2004, at 05:44, Robert Allerstorfer wrote:
On Mon, 08 Mar 2004, 13:11 GMT+01 (13:11 local time) Ruud H.G. van Tol
wrote:

The base64-decoding is mostly a show-off,
because my ISP has an excellent 'stripmultiparts' perl-script
in the sm.bin.
http://www.xs4all.nl/~rjscheer/stripmultiparts/

I just took a look on this. It requires Perl with the much overheaded
POSIX module, so calling that out from a procmail recipe is probably a
much expensive one.

But the need/desire for this was explained in teh part of Ruud's message you snipped:

If you have special needs, like I have because my ISP offers me
procmail-without-a-full-shell, then 'just'-procmail solutions
are very welcome

There's also the "Everest Complex" as I call it. "Why do it in procmail? Because it's there."

I once wrote a little program that did real number division using only integers (it returned real1$ and real2$, the left and right of the decimal, respectively). I wrote it for a BBS using a language (Originally GBBS then rewritten much better for METAL) that didn't support real numbers, but I could have simply called an external program to handle it. I thought it was more fun/interesting/cool to just do that math with integers.

--
BUGS: There is no conversion specification for the phase of the moon." strftime(3) man page