Re: Consider LOGFILE and Subject in same recipe

2004-03-18 15:43:43
At 04:02 PM 3/18/2004 -0600, David W. Tamkin wrote:
I suggested to Christopher,

A couple of ways:

 :0
 * LOGFILE ?? account1
 * ^Subject:.*(bunch of subject items)
 { } # this is the procmail no-op
 :0E
 { Do stuff.. }

Isn't this an AND type situation though?  It will look to see if the
LOGFILE is account 1 AND if the subject is a bunch of items right?

Yes. And if both of those are true, then that [according to your first post] is when you want to skip "Do stuff." You do stuff if the subject DOESN'T have "(bunch of items)" or if the logfile ISN'T account1. The only time you don't do stuff is when the subject has that pattern AND the logfile IS account1.

Previous emails were correct saying I needed to use LOGNAME and not LOGFILE. I actually had LOGNAME in my recipe but for some reason typed in LOGFILE in the email. Sorry about that.

I couldn't figure it out completely and it's one of those situations where you're not quite sure of how to do it yet the bossman wants something put in place yesterday. So what I did is nest it in another level like this.

:0
* !LOGNAME ?? acccount1
   {
     Do stuff..

So that way it accomplishes what I was trying to do at my current level of understanding. Anything sent to account1 will bypass the "Do stuff" yet other accounts that use the same recipe will be allowed in to see if the subject matches or not. It's not the most efficient but it works.

Thanks!

-Chris