Re: zips getting past recipe for virtual domain

2004-03-24 15:35:24
On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 03:45:55PM -0600, scott.list wrote:
I have this recipe for getting rid of the bad zips:

:0 B
* > 3000
* < 40000
* ^.*name=.*\.zip
/home/mail/virus

The above comes affter Dallmans snagger.

It was working fine until the last round of virus I presume morphed.
Zips started making it through but I noticed all that made it were to
one virtual domain of mine.  The domain is a virtual host on my
mailserver box.  Is there anything I can do to make that mail get
snagged by the above, too?  A sample header of one that passed is
below:

Thanks very much for the time to help.
Scott

Offhand I see no reason for the failure, other than if the size is
out of bounds.  Remember that

 * < 40000

includes the headers, even when the recipe flags specify "B" only.  If
there are lots of headers and the file was already near the upper end of
the range, the headers could be throwing it over.  What is the size of
the message with headers?  And what do your verbose logs say?

You could do:

   * B ?? < 40000

But two notes:  First,

  * ^.*name=whatever

is needless makework, in that we are achoring left, then saying "but
go as far to the right as we need to go."  So just drop the anchor:

  * name=whatever

With VSnag 1.6.1 you could look for $EXT=zip instead.

  * EXT ?? ^^zip^^

In about a day, maybe two, you'll be able to download VSnag ver. 2.0,
which will handle this more elegantly.

--
dman