RE: zips getting past recipe for virtual domain

2004-03-25 05:47:14
On 24 Mar 2004 Dallman Ross (dman(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com) wrote:
I have this recipe for getting rid of the bad zips:

:0 B
* > 3000
* < 40000
* ^.*name=.*\.zip
/home/mail/virus

The above comes affter Dallmans snagger.

Two things I forgot to mention.  First, in VSnag 1.6.1
(actually, anything 1.5.x or above), you could just
set

  AGGRESSIVE = yes

before running the INCLUDERC, and the zips will all automatically
be caught.

And if you are using an earlier version of VSnag, you can set
this:

NASTYEXT="(bat|cmd|com|zip|exe|hta|pif|scr|shs|vb[se]|ws[fh]|(doc|txt|xls)\.)"
           this part is not in the default NASTYEXT

I talk about this in detail here:

 <http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/#viruses>

Hope this helps,
Nancy