Re: zips getting past recipe for virtual domain

2004-03-26 10:27:27
On Mar 25, 2004, at 6:39 AM, Robert Allerstorfer wrote:
Nothing has to be changed from the default settings to catch infected
mails that have a virus attached inside a zip archive. The zip archive
can even be encrypted. Since 10 days, it freed me from 105 zipped
viruses:

I really wish you would stop saying this. It is simply not true. Your procmail does NOT check for viruses in any way tat I can see. It checks for executable file types and that is NOT the same thing.

I don't have anything against your recipes. In fact, I think they are quite well-done; but calling them "anti-virus" is simply misleading as they don't distinguish between a zip file containing a copy of notepad.exe and a zip file containing virusload.exe.

--
There's nothing to do, so you just stay in bed [ah, poor thing] Why live in the world when you can live in your head?