Re: Getting rid of the fake MS Emails!

2004-03-26 02:44:37
First off I use mime_header_checks with Postfix for a start, the file
contains a long list of all those attachments that you would rather not
infiltrate your mail system, I can mail you a copy plus the corresponding
entry you will need for your /etc/postfix/main.cf file.

Secondly, I use SpamAssassin, which, after a 'learning stage' (that's for
SA not me, it learns what is SPAM and what isn't) does in fact take out 99%
of my spam mail and dumps it into a maildir, which I then hide so I don't
see anything. I am assuming that you, like myself, own your own domain name
and mail server as this is my setup.

Before I took this action, the amount of SPAM I was getting was totalling
some 200 a DAY, EVERY DAY (not Sunday, for some reason spammers seem not to
SPAM a lot on that day!). It was getting just so ridiculous that I had to
act.

It has been an awfully long and frustrating road, but I am willing to share
all this with you if it would help. Jules