RE: Getting rid of the fake MS Emails!

2004-03-26 16:22:58

From: Didier Casse
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 6:19 PM
    I just wanted to know what's the best strategy in getting rid of
emails like:

64 Mar 24 Net Storage Service              (147K)
UndeliverableMail: Returned To Mailer
[...]

Btw it also seems that they send these mails in bulk. How do you tell
procmail to block bulk mails? Thanks for any help.

Maybe this collection of recipes will do most of what you want:
http://volker.dnsalias.net/soft/procmail/virusnotification.rc

##### virusnotification.rc
#
# Resource file for procmail.
# Filters out all those annoying notifications "that I have a virus". Yeah
# right, there is no Microsoft here, so I don't want to see this rubbish.
# Because the current lot of viruses hide as a bounce message, they're
caught
# here as well.
[...]
#
# Copyright (C) by Volker Kuhlmann <VolkerKuhlmann(_at_)GMX(_dot_)de>
# Released under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) Version
2.
# See http://www.gnu.org/ for details.
[...]

I haven't tried them, but they look to be well thought out.