Re: Getting rid of the fake MS Emails!

2004-03-26 00:14:37
On 26 Mar 2004 Didier Casse (didierbe(_at_)sps(_dot_)nus(_dot_)edu(_dot_)sg)
wrote:
    I just wanted to know what's the best strategy in getting rid of
emails like:

64 Mar 24 Net Storage Service              (147K) UndeliverableMail: Returned
To Mailer
65        Microsoft Public Support         (160K)
66        Net Delivery System              (147K) undelivered  message:
returned to mailer
67 Mar 24 microsoft internet mail delive   (147K) Bug Message
70 Mar 25 Microsoft                        (160K) Newest Security Update

Hey, that looks just like my quarantine mailbox! My guess is that
each of those has a .exe attachment and one way to get rid of
them is to get rid of (or quarantine) all messages with .exe
attachments. I describe ways to do that in procmail here:

 <http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/#viruses>

Hope this helps,
Nancy

--