Re: Getting rid of the fake MS Emails!

2004-03-26 02:30:24
On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, 16:43 GMT+08 Didier Casse wrote:

Thanks Nancy. I guess this helps. I'm gonna check it out.

Btw I also receive .wav attachments also! Should be straightforward to
include the ".wav" extension in.

in all the 544 viruses that have been sent to me since 12 days, no
single one with a .wav real (last) extension was included. But, the
MIME type of the attached virus has been 'audio/x-wav' on some
viruses. I have observed the following MIME types so far:

application/octet-stream
application/x-msdownload
application/x-zip-compressed
audio/x-wav
audio/x-midi

So could you please tell some details about that "wav virus"?

If you want to view details about all the viruses mentioned above, my
up-to-the-second viruses.log file is viewable by the public, updated
in real time, here:

http://antivirus.softlabs.info/viruses.log

The tool that has catched all of them is available there:

http://softlabsav.sourceforge.net/

best regards,
rob.