Fwd: Re: Can't get procmail to forward spam

2004-04-03 10:22:10

On Saturday 03 April 2004 06:28 am, Michelle Konzack wrote:
Am 2004-04-02 23:27:17, schrieb Chris:
Yes, I'm a procmail newbie trying to setup procmail to forward my spam
to Earthlinks junkmail address.  I've setup a $HOME .procmailrc file
(below)

I've read the FAQ, printed and gone through the man pages, my question
is how is procmail started.  I'm running Kmail as my mailer with all
mail filtered through SA.  If procmail is started from the CLI, the
process is shown as running, but I'm sure that this isn't the correct
way to start it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

How do you get your E-mails ?
Do you download it with 'fetchmail' ?
If yes, 'fetchmail' call 'procmail' directly.

I am running spamassassin and fprot directly
from my ~/.procmailrc and use only Maildir.

AFAIK Kmail, which I'm using as my mailer, polls EL and processes all mail.
I'm kind of unsure of myself when it comes to configuring something like
this so any help would be appreciated.  The first lines below show what
logcheck reports before I put a .procmailrc and .forward file in $HOME, the
second lines show it after.  I think its working but nowhere can I find
where procmail if forwarding to earthlinks junkmail address.

Apr  2 12:01:04 chris postfix/local[17968]: 2A9AA584002:
to=<chris(_at_)chris(_dot_)localdomain>, relay=local, delay=0, status=sent
("|/usr/bin/procmail -Y -a $DOMAIN")

Apr  3 06:00:27 chris postfix/local[10211]: 3B6C7584002:
to=<chris(_at_)chris(_dot_)localdomain>, relay=local, delay=0, status=sent
("|/usr/bin/procmail -f-")

Chris

--
  Regards