Re: Replacing characters in $MATCH, and folders with periods - SOLVED

2004-04-09 16:07:30
Timur Tabi wrote:

Ok, I finally got it working.

Good, but one bit of advice:

  snr_Replace = "-"

Using the hyphen is not a good idea; that's why I didn't list it. Hyphens are legal in local parts and in domain names, so when you get mail in a-b-c you won't know whether a-b.c or a.b.c or a-b-c was the local part. That's why I suggested replacing the periods with colons (which don't appear in email addresses any more), or commas (which never could), or underscores (which won't appear in domain names).