Re: 'just procmail' v.1.11

2004-04-11 04:39:52
On Sun, 11 Apr 2004, 02:02 GMT+02 Ruud H.G. van Tol wrote:

Because there were bugs in 'snr' and 'rep' (thanks
Robert Allerstorfer for providing an example that
went wrong) I made the necessary changes.

See the archive-directory inside
http://www.xs4all.nl/~rvtol/procmail/
for the file 111.zip

I am now using Ruud's new version 1.11 of the fabulous
"search'n'replace" recipe as a sub routine for a pure-procmail
lowercasing routine of my latest SoftlabsAV Package. Therefore, I
don't need to invoke the shell and execute an external program
anymore, as

av_LC = \
 `echo $av_LC | sed 'y/ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ/abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz/'`

which I used to use before. Of course, that routine can also be used
as a general-purpose pure-procmail lowercasing routine. The new
SoftlabsAV version (0.6.7) including that pure-procmail lowercasing
routine is available on

http://softlabsav.sourceforge.net/

ChangeLog:

 v0.6.7         (2004 04 11)

 + the lower threshold for a mail's size to be tested for an infected mail
   has been further decreased to 5 KB, since a tiny virus
   (Trojan.Dropper.Small.HG-zippwd with a file size of 3429 B) arrived.

 + the lowercasing routine ('av_lc.inc') now works with pure-procmail code
   instead of invoking the shell and executing an external program.

 + the core of Ruud H.G. van Tol's "search'n'replace" recipe v1.11 has been
   added (as 'av_snr.inc'). We are using it as a sub routine for the
   (pure-procmail) lowercasing routine. Thanks again to Ruud H.G. van Tol
   for his fabulous "just procmail" collection!

If anybody wants to be informed whenever a new release of Softlabs
AntiVirus is out, please sign up at

http://sourceforge.net/project/filemodule_monitor.php?filemodule_id=112486

The next plan is to optionally interface to ClamAV directly, as of
version 0.7.

best,
rob.