Re: System mail directory

2004-04-11 01:29:43
Toen wij Brett I. Holcomb kietelden, kwam er dit uit:

First I'm using mbox format.

Second, procmail -v keeps telling me my system mailbox is
$HOME/.maildir.  Okay, I found /etc/procmail that had $DEFAULT set to
that.  I commented that out because I want the default to be
/var/spool/mail/$LOGNAME for now and $DEFAULT will be the same as
$ORGMAIL if it's not specified.  However, procmail -v still gives me
$HOME/.maildir as my default mailbox.  How do I make it see the changes?

Your procmail must be compiled that way.

You mention that you have access to the /etc/procmailrc,
so you can put a line like this:
  DEFAULT = /var/spool/mail/$LOGNAME
in there, to overrule that, for all users.

If you only want it to change 'for now' and for a single user, just put
the line in the top of that user's .procmailrc.

`procmail -v` will still be $HOME/.maildir, because that is compiled in.

--
Grtz, Ruud