Re: forwarding mail

2004-04-14 17:53:15
As it was written on Apr 14, thus Dave Stern - Former Rocket Scientist typed:

Dave:  I have a user who wants to tee mail ie process it thru the rest of the
Dave:  procmailrc (eg spamassassin) and send the original message on to another
Dave:  address. Originally, I just added to the top of his .procmailrc
Dave:
Dave:  :0:
Dave:  {
Dave:      :0 c
Dave:      ! user(_at_)otherplace(_dot_)com
Dave:
Dave:  }
Dave:  :0fw:
Dave:  <run some local filters on the original>
Dave:
Dave:  But this remakes the headers st they all look like they came from him on
Dave:  the first machine. ie I want it to retain the "From" and "Subject" and
Dave:  route it thru while still running the rest of the procmairlc on the first
Dave:  machine.  I expect the answer is to somehow send it thru formail.
Dave:  Anyone have the recipe?
Dave:
Dave:  TIA

Maybe this is a dumb question:   But why not just use a .forward file?

-----
\user,user(_at_)otherplace(_dot_)com
-----

 Thanks