Re: [Announcem.] SoftlabsAV 0.6.8 released

2004-04-20 01:47:19
Toen wij Robert Allerstorfer kietelden, kwam er dit uit:
Ruud H.G. van Tol:

Because of base64 there is 33% overhead.
Add some mimeheaders of at least 60 bytes each.

All in all, I guess that the *body* of the message
must be at least 1.4 KB.

But there must exist smaller virusses.

yes, exactly. That's why I have commented the following into the
coresponding section of the 'antivirus.rc' file:

  #   The smallest virus attachment that has been sent to me so far
  #   (a RAR.exe virus 'Trojan.Downloader.Small.GY') had an attachment's
  #   file size of only 994 B, which corresponds to a possible minimum
  mail #   size of ~ 1.3 KB!

I wrote *body*, you write 'mail'. Do you check the size of the total
message
or the size of only the body of the message? Is it a configurable setting,
something like av_MINBODYSIZE? (I didn't check the code yet.)

I'll send myself a 994 bytes attachment with a very short filename later
and check the size of the body.

--
Grtz, Ruud