Re: Mixed domains

2004-05-01 11:58:53
At 10:29 2004-05-01 -0400, fleet(_at_)teachout(_dot_)org wrote:
I received a message with the included (below) header.  It tripped the
recipe I have requiring Message-ID domains to match From domains:

:0 # MSGID-01: "Free-Mail" domains with non-matching message-id
* ^From:.*@(.*\.|)\/(altavista\.com|\
                     msn\.com|\
                     ... list of others)

Is the recipe incorrect somehow (it's been working just fine) or is there

Er, you don't include the whole recipe, so how are we to diagnose its (in)correctness? Specifically, you don't have the Message-ID condition there.

Dropping your recipe into a sandbox with verbose logging and then piping the message at it to see exactly what conditions it's (mis-)matching would do wonders for you.

I have a recipe which utilizes a separate datafile, called spewhosts. It looks for hostnames in the received: headers (not always the exact same domain either). It wouldn't be difficult to adapt it to checking for messageids in a similar manner.

        <http://www.professional.org/procmail/spam.html>

JFTR, hotmail and msn use interchangeable mail servers, so in an ideal situation, the message you posted headers for shouldn't have failed.