Re: binary garbage logged with some formail operations

2004-05-18 18:08:26
Kai Schaetzl wrote on Sun, 16 May 2004 18:45:26 +0200:

It's an example from man procmailex:
:0 fhw
| formail -k -X From: -X Subject:

I do get the desired result, but I also get a line of binary garbage logged
procmail.log (see below, it's always the same).

I found the reason for this, it happens because procmail loses the original
From
line in the process. The result is then something like

procmail: Acquiring kernel-lock
  Folder: testfolder                               417

If it doesn't lose the From line it looks like this: