Re: Counting hits

2004-06-03 16:02:30
On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Dallman Ross wrote:

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 04:37:21PM -0400, fleet wrote:

I might actually try it if I could comment the individual lines like:

:0
* -1^0
* 1^1 some condition   #All such things are bad
* -1^1 the exception   #Except those that contain this.

But I don't believe that's allowed.

There is a way to trick procmail into allowing a comment on a line.
It works because "zero or more of something" evaluates to nothing.
I actually use this in a couple of places in my test harness,
which I always run with verbose logging on.

Sigh! Now I suppose I've got to try one of those 40-line scoring recipes!
Neat trick! :)

                                - fleet -