Re: Counting hits

2004-06-03 14:02:59

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Cyrille Lefevre wrote:

<fleet(_at_)teachout(_dot_)org> wrote:
I've come up with the following scheme to count "hits." I have a couple of
questions below the example:

any reason you don't use scores ? see man procmailsc for details.

A few; but the major reason is that I want to be able to identify the
recipe that matches.  I can't see a way to do that with scoring (AFIK).

I have a number of recipes that provide for exceptions, such as:

:0
* some condition
* ! the exception
Action

Actually, I *do* have a scoring recipe that does this:

:0
* -1^0
* 1^1 some condition
* -1^1 the exception

Including a few of these with a dozen or more "straight" conditions would
get really confusing (for me - procmail could probably handle it).

I might actually try it if I could comment the individual lines like:

:0
* -1^0
* 1^1 some condition   #All such things are bad
* -1^1 the exception   #Except those that contain this.

But I don't believe that's allowed.