RE: Let the flamewars begin; call for procmail Spam blocking strategy, suggestions & information

2004-06-04 08:06:30

-----Original Message-----
From: procmail-bounces(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
[mailto:procmail-bounces(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE]On Behalf Of
Dallman Ross
[...]
On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 07:47:12AM -0500, Stewart Dean wrote:
The simplest solution for us would probably be if someone was already
supporting a procmail spam signature repository.

This sounds to me like what you are really looking for is a Bayesian
blocking system.  I would check out bogofilter and spambayes, either
of which I understand can be run from procmail.  I know some people
who use bogofilter with success.

I've also found Dspam,
http://www.nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam/
to be effective, and fairly efficient.