perl script to remail contents of mbox file

2004-06-10 11:58:42
Hi,

I screwed up my procmail rules yesterday and procmail delivered
ALL of my inbound email to my trash mbox file, instead of delivering
to the intended recipients.  Failure to backslash a regex character
bit me.

So I had a "trash" mbox file with 1200+ messages that I needed
to split apart and resend to the intended recipients.  I googled for
some kind of UNIX script that would do this for me.  While I found
a lot of similar cries for help from others who have made the same
mistake, I didn't find any scripts.

With the help of our web guru, Keith McGlauflin, I wrote the following
perl script to remail the contents of an mbox file, either to the
original recipients or to an alternate recipient.  This script can
be used to recover from procmail rule disasters, or it can be used to
forward already-delivered email to another address.  We hope that
procmail sysadmins find this script useful.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College