Re: perl script to remail contents of mbox file

2004-06-10 13:14:37
On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 09:36:08PM +0200, Dallman Ross wrote:
On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 01:21:43PM -0600, Scott Wiersdorf wrote:

  cat mbox | formail -s sendmail -oi -t

<snip>

I would think he'd want to use something close to the man page
than re-initiating sendmail, though:

  formail -s procmail < some_mbox_not_in_procmail_output_pathway

It sounded like perhaps there were some non-local recipients in there
(though how procmail got a hold of it as the LDA, I woudn't know,
unless they were cc'd or something).

If delivery just went seriously wrong (i.e., you have external
recipients), the -t flag for sendmail will cause it to read the
message for To:, Cc:, etc. headers and try delivery on those messages
again. In the worst case, some recipients will have received two
copies of some messages when everything shakes out.

If only local recipients need to be fixed, then Dallman's solution is
the quickest, I think (also avoids my useless "cat") ;-)

Scott
--
Scott Wiersdorf
scott(_at_)perlcode(_dot_)org