Re: Phantom lines in empty body

2004-06-20 20:23:25
On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at  2:27:12AM +0200, Dallman Ross wrote:
All right, this, then.  (I probably shouldn't be
posting now, as it's past my bedtime and I'm very tired.)

  :0
  * B ??  1^1 > 1
  { BSIZE = $= }

  :0 E
  { LOG = "$NL Body was null! $NL"  HOST }

I tested this very quickly on my ISP's SunOS machine, and here's
what I get with that two-blank-line-body mail:

procmail: Score:    1682    1682 "> 1"
procmail: Assigning "BSIZE=1682"

Then I noticed I had really tested it like this:
:0 B
* 1^1 > 1
{ BSIZE = $= }
:0 E

When I changed it to use the B ?? ... syntax, it works.
So, apparently there's a big difference, at least in my ISP's
version of procmail, between

:0 B
* w^x <regex>

and

:0
* w^x B ?? <regex>

Is this generally true?

I'll try the other suggestions after dinner; at least I've got a working
empty-body detector going.

Thanks everyone.

Jim