Autoresponder works now

2004-07-10 13:41:21

On Jul 9, 2004, at 9:09 PM,
procmail-request(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE wrote:

Curiously, this error does not appear when matching mail from Mike
Schuppe.

Nothing surprising about it.  You're feeding an entire message to
formail -r without -k, a command which accepts only the head.  So when
the body is short enough to fit into the same bufferful that was needed
for to finish feeding the head, procmail doesn't notice a write error.
But when the body is large enough to make procmail start another
bufferful, the write error shows up. The messages from Mike Schuppe are
short; thsoe with the viral payload are much longer.

I don't really understand what the flags do but I took the suggestion to just send messages to /dev/null. My preference is always to send a polite reject notice in case I accidentally mis-tagged a message as nuisance mail, but in this case anything from <inet(_at_)microsoft(_dot_)com> is definitely nuisance.

Thanks once again for your help.

-MBJ-