Re: Autoresponder almost works now

2004-07-10 15:55:25
True, but as Dallman pointed out, on setups where the mail is processed
by a mailhost different to the shellhost

can't find out from an interactive call, with or without an rcfile.  You
have to use an rcfile *and* send mail to the account.

Yes, I should have said that explicitly. Your astuteness to detail is
amazing, David...

(I knew Brits had taken to
saying "different to," which is a ridiculous choice of preposition for
expressing divergence, but now New Zealanders are doing it too?)

Coming from a country which has English as neither official nor
inofficial language, I'm afraid some of the fine points just pass me
by. I agree with you that "different to" sounds somewhat silly. New
Zealand uses British English, and the Queen of England, sorry, let's be
official, the Queen of New Zealand, ah well you get the point. I don't
think much of official Queens, but it doesn't exactly affect everyday
life. What is of considerable benefit is that Australia and New Zealand
are metric, and have been since the 60s or 70s I think. All in all the
USA spelling is more sensible (less ballast), though the writing of
date order is very annoying. 12h times 'll never get used to, they use
those here too.

(I believe Volker is a transplanted German, but what do I know?)

Looks like I've been found out :)

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is possibly list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/             Please do not CC list postings to me.