Re: Recipe for killing messages with no subject

2004-07-20 07:54:48
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dallman Ross"
My suggestion would be for you not to send the messages straight to
/dev/null.  While it may be true that spam is overrepresented among
messages with no or a missing subject, it is nevertheless true that
many legitimate messages come that way as well.

Right!  MSN, Yahoo, and several other web-based only email systems will
totally leave of the Subject header tag if the user does not plug in a
subject.  I check of a missing subject, the I echo the sender back a message
saying their email did not deliver because they didn't type in a subject -
*then* I /dev/null that message.

-eric wood