Re: Suggestions wanted

2004-07-23 00:47:28
On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 10:44:42PM -0600, Justin Gombos wrote:
* Dallman Ross <dman(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com> [2004-07-22 14:54]:

You have a lot of very long, not-necessarily-efficiently-constructed
regexes.

I'm always looking for advice, and ways to improve my scripts.  These
procmail scripts I write is for home use, not professional, so I try
to "goldplate" whenever possible.

I'm not quite sure what "goldplate" means in this instance.  (<jk>
I'd think of calling them "tin-plated" at first glance.</jk>)

So if anyone has the urge to critique my scripts, please do so.  The
drug testing scripts are actually my first crack at procmail, but
I asn't going to respond to this message, but the above highlights
could not be set aside in clear (or murky -- I'm working on waking up)
conscience.

BTW- has this list thinned out?  I thought I remembered it being much
higher volume.

That $DEITY it is not always high-volume!

--
dman