Re: exactly once

2004-08-24 19:24:09
While you were at it, you could've helped some readers by rephrasing
those negative-number inequalities into a descriptive range, e.g.,
"between -.75 and -1 not inclusive".

That's no better.  Which end of that does "not inclusive" not include?

Anyhow, the constant has to be in the range

 -1 < w <= -.75

Although, actually, -.75 works.

Yes, it does: whatever I ended up saying, I was trying for "greater than -1 but not greater than -.75"; -.75 is greater than -1, and -.75 is not greater than -.75.