Re: Should I tempfail when spamfiltering

2004-08-26 19:27:33

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Peeler"
Honestly, I don't use TIMEOUT's in procmail but common sense tell me
to use a TIMEOUT=10 (or less if you have a blazing system).

Then, honestly, your TIMEOUT is 960.  Common sense isn't engineering.

Spare me the quips. Okay, say a well formed (denial of service) message can
target SpamAssassin install causing it to loop until the normal timeout.
Then that lengthy engineered timeout would be distressful.

I haven't used TIMEOUT before, but I'm now considering setting it to 10 at
the beginning of my recipe (and extending it if there is a large attachment
or very large message size) unless someone can prove a large (default)
timeout is neccessary and harmless.

-eric wood