Re: procmail mailping ( was Re: test)

2004-08-29 09:16:37
Udi Mottelo wrote:

[...]
Where is the time treatment?  It's important in ping :)
Something like:

        echo "Received at $RTIME"
        echo "Current time $TIME"

In this case you can figure out and learn the time that
messages waited in the queue.
I suppose I could do something with the headers on the responder, but it would probably be most meaningful to analyze the received response (what you ultimately get back). Inserting a timestamp (particularly without time sync) at one end wouldn't yield much accurate info. So for analysis of time en-route, I think the headers would be as -- if not more -- meaningful.

But this was really meant less as a network diagnostic as a mail processing checker to eliminate the need to send "this is a test" messages to lists!

- Bob