Re: procmail doesn't work

2004-09-06 02:54:26
Thanks! it was the permission of the home directory itself that caused
it not to work.

Alfred

Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 11:03:07 -0400
From: Bob George <mailings02(_at_)ttlexceeded(_dot_)com>
To: procmail(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
Subject: Re: procmail doesn't work

Travel Jadoo wrote:

This is ok afaik:

[res(_at_)server res]$ ls -la .procmailrc
-rw-rw-r--    1 res      res           149 Sep  2 17:04 .procmailrc

Is that OK? The manpage says:

The  $HOME/.procmailrc  file has the additional constraint of *not being
group-writable or in a group-writable directory*.  Also, mustn't
overlook
the permissions home directory itself.

I realize you're using "individual user group ids" (whatever the
terminology
is) but I believe that restriction still holds true. In any case, mine
are
0600 and work:

[mailings(_at_)server: ~]$ ls -la .procmailrc
-rw-------  1 mailings mailings 7.7K Sep  2 22:41 .procmailrc

[mailings(_at_)server: ~]$ ls -ld /home/mailings
drwxr-xr-x  12 mailings mailings 4.0K Sep  3 10:57 /home/mailings

In any case, if ~/.procmailrc seems to be skipped completely, I'd
certainly
check permissions.

- Bob