Re: LOGNAME (Was: Re: procmail: small filters need sleep 1)

2004-09-06 02:55:36
On Sun, 5 Sep 2004, Dallman Ross wrote:

On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 09:51:01AM -0500, David W. Tamkin wrote:
I just wrote,

What sort of characters are going to be in $LOGNAME that need escaping?
Question marks?  Asterisks?  Parentheses?  Plus signs?  Backslashes?

Or periods or left brackets, maybe?  None of those should be in $LOGNAME.

It seems to me that periods could very easily be in $LOGNAME.  Why not?
I have one account where I am "dallman.ross".  (But I don't have shell
access there.)

        I think that sendmail know to map the left side of the "@" to the
        full name from gcos field in the passwd record.  Are you sure that
        your username is "dallman.ross"?  not your email address?

Bye,
 Udi

--
dman