Re: procmail: small filters need sleep 1

2004-09-05 17:12:32
David> I don't remember how find's exit codes work
Always 0 here. So I want to test the string it might produce.
Perhaps I can even use an internal procmail string match function
instead of the external call to "test" here?:
* ? test `find $LAST_LOGIN_FILE -mtime +333`
then just needing the single call to find.

Perhaps I needed sleep 1 to avoid the 'early closed pipe' mentioned on
procmailrc(5). The thread was on comp.mail.misc. "i" must have fixed
it. But now I don't need "i" either.

\<$\LOGNAME\> is from procmailex(5). BTW I suppose LOGNAME is
guaranteed by procmail even if not by UNIX who might use USER.