Re: Found solution to AUTORES problem- Any thoughts as to the Whys?

2004-10-04 16:39:19
Joey Lyman wrote:

My best guess from hours of troubleshooting is that using | or < to
pipe or feed info to programs that are executed with a "|" causes
things to fail...

What's your setting for $SHELL? Clearly you have failures when a shell is invoked and none when it isn't.

Here is the working code (notice I use no pipes or < in my executed programs):

:0wc
* !^FROM_DAEMON
    {
    :0wc
    * ? $TEST -f $MAILROOT/jlyman.txt

Couldn't that be combined with the outer conditions?

        {
        :0fwc
        | formail -r

`c' is superfluous there; `f' supersedes it.

        :0Afbw
        | cat $MAILROOT/jlyman.txt

That needs an `i'.  As Dallman has already said, `A' does nothing there.

        :0wc
        | /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -f jlyman(_at_)$PRIMEDOMAIN

Two clones and a copy?  How many copies of the message should there be?

Anyhow, clearly there's a difference in what happens when you have a character from $SHELLMETAS in the action line and procmail invokes $SHELL to run it, from what happens when procmail runs the action lines itself. I suspect a strange setting for $SHELL.