Re: Help adding To: and CC: to message body

2004-10-14 18:50:59
Dallman Ross wrote:

No, you misunderstood me.  I'm saying he might have had MATCH set
from a previous recipe in his .procmailrc.  Then he gets to a message
with a blank To: or Cc: line and has that value injected here.

No, neither of those assignments can occur under circumstances that leave MATCH unchanged.

If any variables should be cleared ahead of that code, it's TOWHOM and
CCWHOM, in case To: or Cc: respectively is not present.

I'm all for clearing vars, but this seems not likely to be a problem.
What are the odds that TOWHO(M)/CCWHO(M) happened to be set by something
else?

Those odds are infinitesimal.

The odds that they'll be assigned without clobbering any previous value of $MATCH are zero. From your subsequent post, I gather you got that.